Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Vintage Christmas

 I decided this year to decorate with old things.  I found a lot at the antique stores that are close by.  I am lucky to have 3 that I can browse every so often.  The only things I am still searching for are old toy trucks so I can put little presents and books in their beds.  I love the light up Santa and can display all kinds of Christmas candy in my jar collection.
 These old ice skates were like $8.  I can keep them out all winter!
And one of my favorite things was making gingerbread boys and girls for my tree.  I have always wanted to have an ALL cookie tree.  Good thing we went with the 3 foot tree instead of the 10 foot tree.  And popcorn of course!  I want to try cranberries, but am afraid they will squirt me with red juice when I poke the needle through.  Much to my surprise, Riley called all my treasures "junk", but all this junk makes me so happy!  

1 comment:

kathy-o said...

OK - you could be featured in a magazine right now! I vote "yes" on a vintage Christmas - I strive for it every year! I. LOVE. THAT. QUILT. RACK!!! My favorite color! And those skates -you're incredibly talented!