Sunday, July 10, 2011

First Annual Kutztown Ward Campout

Last year a few families from the ward, including ours, camped at French Creek Park and saw these large group camp sites. Riley thought one would be perfect for a ward campout. He has been dreaming of one ever since and so was put in charge of organizing it.There was a good turn out for the first year! The weather was nice, there was plenty of room for frisbee and catch, and of course the fire was the favorite spot of all.
I'm not used to camping, but Riley assured me that all you do is sit around the fire chatting and getting meals ready while the kids get dirty and run around. That is what we did.
We broke out the mallows after an early dinner and everyone had their own roasting styles. Christina was pretty serious and must have liked the charred kind. I like a light golden, bubbly brown all around, then I lift off the crisp outer layer to reveal the gooey middle. Mmm.
Kids liked the fire too. We all went to sleep smelling like smoke and rubbing our full bellies. I don't know how many smores my kids had. I lost count after 3.

1 comment:

Codi said...

We had a great time at the camp out! Thanks for all your work and planning!