Wednesday, July 13, 2011

DC Temple Trip

We could take one whole day and go to DC for a quick trip to the temple, but it is much funner and more enjoyable to stay overnight and do some sightseeing along the way. We try to go every so often and this time we went with the Willardsons. That way they can go while we watch Nash and we can go while they watch our kids. I think we got the easy shift; the night shift.Riley and I went early the next morning which gave us the afternoon to walk around. I wanted to go to the Holocaust Museum which is close to the mall. The main part was sold out of tickets, so we went through the kids section and got lunch. Maybe another time. I've heard it's really neat.
Then we took the metro and walked through Arlington Cemetery. Riley was so happy. Here we are at the top of a hill where one of the Generals had his house. Right before Christina took the picture, a very slow man walked right between us. She was even counting loudly, "ONE, TWO...", but he just walked right on by. We finally got a photo of Adam smiling! It was pretty funny.

3 comments:

Erika said...

You have to see the permanent exhibit at the Holocaust Museum! SO awesome! I didn't realize you were so close to DC. We are only 4 hours away. Maybe we'll have to meet up there sometime :)

Christina said...

I can't help but giggle when I see that family picture. I need to get my pictures up of our trip. Thanks for inviting us it was so fun! We need to do it again soon.

Rebecca said...

Active Duty military get in the Holocaust Museum without having to wait. Go to the ticket counter and flash your id and they should give you a ticket for the next group going in. It is amazing, but you may not want to take the kids in.