Friday, March 18, 2011

Annual Girls Getaway - Southern Style


It is March again and instead of basketball, I think of my fun friends from North Carolina! It is our time to plan a long weekend together and catch up on what's been going on the last year. We decided to try somewhere warmer this year. We ALL decided to, not just me. I didn't even suggest it. I was all ready to go to NYC again, but I guess my murmurings from the past were too much to think about. We chose Savannah, Georgia! And it WAS warmer and more comfortable.

Our first stop was Columbia, South Carolina. We feel better if we start out our trips with a temple session. It was a small, beautiful temple and it's always good to go.
Then we get to think about food. The last two trips have largely been centered around food. Luckily all four of us appreciate food the same way and look forward to the next meal. I should have noted the names of the restaurants better. This was a little cafe with tiny desserts. I had 3 small truffles for a large price. They were extra special truffles though and served on a special little plate.
This was the breakfast cafe we went to twice. Mmm.
Our last dinner was at the Melting Pot. I had never been. I think the dessert course was my favorite. My pants will tell a different story. We also ate at The Old Pink House one night where I tasted duck for the first time. I am all about duck now. Oh, mommy! It was delicately crunchy on the outside, yet juice and tender on the inside. Wonder if I should even attempt to duplicate it. (If you guys remember the names of the restaurants, let me know.)

1 comment:

Heather said...

The Olde Pink House, Lulu's Chocolate Bar, Goosefeather's, The Savannah Tea Room, Jazz'd Tappas Bar, The Melting Pot.