Monday, May 24, 2010

Our Garden Project

We finally planted some seeds in the lovely garden box Riley made (by himself, NO instructions, with his bare hands). We had to have somewhere to put our sweet compost! We decided to try little squares and each kid picked what they wanted in their square.
Elli picked spinach and a cantaloupe I think. Adam chose peppers and a watermelon, and Amy planted some spaghetti squash.
I helped Elli plant the spinach until Riley came along and showed us how. I've never gardened before so I just started poking holes. Riley made nice little raised rows and it looked much better. He has gardened. Elli's are growing anyways.
All done and excited to watch what happens! Hope we can keep the rabbits away! I loves me spinach!
There are no pictures of the other kids that didn't look like they needed to go to the bathroom.

1 comment:

Brandalyn said...

Everyone is wearing coats and they look cold!